Training of “apprentices” began as far back as 1953. The program quickly became a great success. One of the first later became a plant manager and stayed with the company until retirement.
Dr. Spinner realized at a very early stage that it was worthwhile to invest in the younger generation, and training therefore became an established institution at the Munich site.
After the opening of the new facility in Feldkirchen-Westerham, a dedicated training workshop was set up for industrial mechanics in 1970.
Every year since then, an average of about 15 new young people have arrived to begin training. The future industrial mechanics spend their first year learning the basics of metalworking in a teaching workshop. Afterward they apply and extend their newly acquired knowledge and skills in various technical departments.
Soon the company boasted one of the largest technical training programs in the Rosenheim area. Over the course of its history, SPINNER has trained about 700 persons, with young women accounting for a rising share (currently 11%). More than a third of the trainees have stayed on with the company. Over 130 of them are now employed in our manufacturing and assembly facilities or have worked their way up through the ranks to become specialists or occupy management positions.
The range of training opportunities has grown in recent years. SPINNER meanwhile also trains surface coaters, IT technicians, electronics specialists, and industrial clerks in dual education programs that combine apprenticeships with advanced vocational training.